Professional and Academic Offerings
Professional and Academic offerings that we provide
More Information On The Offerings We Provide
1. Pre-Leadership Development Assessments
Before engaging in a leadership development intervention, it is always useful to experience feedback of a self-assessment, or even better still, a 360 sense of the development gaps to focus on. This applies both to individual leaders and leadership teams. We are an accredited provider for the following assessments and feedback:
- Identity Compass
- HayGroup 360 Esci
- Team Connect-TC360
- Identity Compass Identity Compass® is an innovative assessment instrument that uses an inventory of 'thinking structures'. It registers how people think and how they make decisions in typical work situations. It highlights what motivates employees, what their values are and what their natural career goals would be. Identity Compass® gives clear guidance on which employees are likely to perform best in which situations and how improvements can be achieved via training and/or coaching in order to improve performance in the workplace. Identity Compass®registers thinking styles, personal motivation factors and their realisation, the method of information recording and processing as well as personal assets (skill sets). Instead of measuring 3-4 factors and ascribing to each of them a certain number of attributes, as do the older assessment tools, Identity Compass®measures 51 attributes (thinking patterns) directly and achieves thereby a precision unknown before. Identity Compass®profiles are much easier to interpret because the focus is on one attribute at a time.
- HayGroup 360 Esci (Emotional and Social Competency Inventoryprofiling. The Emotional and Social Competence Inventory (ESCI) is a 360-degree tool designed to assess the emotional competencies of individuals and organisations. The four main sets of skills are self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management. Emotional Self-Awareness, the ability to know yourself and understand your feelings.
- Team Connect -TC360 – Team Connect 360 (TC360) is a unique team 360 feedback tool which quickly and efficiently generates insights into how a team is perceived - by its stakeholders and by members of the team. TC360 provides breadth and depth of insight into your team’s stakeholders’ view and perceptions - – and what's needed for success. The report reveals the current needs your business has of the team in question. The TC360 questionnaire is structured around the ‘Five Disciplines’ needed for high-performing teams, based on the work of Professor Peter Hawkins. These include:
- Meeting stakeholder expectations
- Fulfilling team tasks effectively.
- Building collaborative team relationships
- Connecting well with stakeholders
- Becoming a learning team
- Barrett Cultural Transformation The Cultural Values Assessment provides you with detailed understanding of the personal motivations of employees, their experience within your organisation, and the direction the organisation should be heading.
2. Authentic Leadership Effectiveness for Individuals & Teams
This programme can be offered on an individual basis to leaders, or it can be offered to individual and team leadership. The individual and team ALE programme commences with the development of individual ALE, followed by the development of team ALE. The programme usually assumes the format of six structured individual face-to-face coaching sessions per leader, approximately two weeks apart. This is followed by three team-coaching sessions, approximately one month apart, during which interpersonal and organisational leadership within the team is enhanced through collective training, coaching, and experiential learning. The content can be somewhat tailored according to emerging individual and team requirements.
The purely individual programme assumes an approximately 20-hour coaching format, of which the first half follows the same format as the individual and team ALE programme. Thereafter, the second half continues along the format of normal executive coaching.
For more information on the development of individual and team authentic leadership effectiveness, learn more about it in Chapters 6 and 7, ‘High-level and Detailed Overview of an Authentic Leadership Programme’ - in my book, entitled ‘Authentic Leadership Effectiveness for Individuals and Teams – A Coaching Approach’.
Send us an email to learn more about our services
3. One-on-One Leadership & Executive Coaching
Whilst coaching is a conversation, it is not simply a chat, nor is it teaching, training, telling, counselling, or mentoring. Coaching is about facilitating change through listening, challenging, supporting, questioning, testing, and giving feedback. It is about understanding how we manage our brain for more effective performance in life and work. It is about facilitating new awareness, new solutions and outcomes, through dialogue.
We offer one-to-one coaching for senior and executive leadership. It is our belief that each one of us needs to be able to truly understand and lead ourselves before we can be successful in leading others.
Coaching needs to support individuals’ growth by helping them to understand themselves better, to reflect on their work, to challenge their assumptions, and to experiment with new behaviours and attitudes. Not only does this allow individuals to build more power within, to have a better understanding of self and others, and build up a self-coaching and development toolkit, it also gives teams and organisations the advantage of having compelling role models, ideally resulting in a positive impact on their bottom lines.
4. Systemic Team Coaching (STC)
Not finance. Not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and so rare.” — Patrick Lencioni
In a rapidly changing world where uncertainty is the new normal, companies don’t always have the luxury of introducing time-intensive individual coaching programmes. They require a way of impacting the whole system all at once.
Even the most incredible leaders will experience limitations if their team (or the greater system) is dysfunctional. Systemic Team Coaching (STC) addresses how teams can impact the connections between the different systems in their environment and how to influence the right kind of change outside of the team.
Moya’s STC Programme focuses on coaching the entire team simultaneously; equipping them to access unprecedented levels of effectiveness and influence within their current system. Central to this programme is enabling the team to navigate the exponential world by coaching to a new way of thinking about agility, resilience and innovation. Team effectiveness is dependent on levels of trust in the team, which in turn is dependent on the clarity of the team’s purpose. The STC model addresses the elements of purpose and trust, which is what makes it so powerful.
STC is a process by which coaches work with an entire team in order to help them improve their collective performance, how they work separately and together and how they develop their collective leadership. This enables them to more effectively engage with all their key stakeholder groups to jointly transform the wider organisation.
The STC (STC) model focuses on the following 5 key areas:
- Stakeholder expectations — Contracting on what the team must deliver for stakeholders
- Team purpose — Clarifying the primary purpose, strategy, delivery, systems and roles
- Team dynamics — Exploring team relationships and culture
- Stakeholder relationships — Connecting and engaging with all the key stakeholders
- Core learning — Ongoing individual and team learning for sustainability
Achieving a level where all these elements are functioning effectively, harnesses the power of the team within the wider organisational system. Leadership is a no longer a one-man show, but rather a collective team activity. As such, when wanting to develop your leaders, it makes sense to develop your leadership team together as a unit.
STC focuses not only on the team or the system, but also on the connections between them. During this process, the team will discover something much deeper than just achieving their goals or contributing to the company’s success — they will discover how they are uniquely positioned to address a specific challenge in the present moment.
What makes STC different is its ‘future-back’ and ‘outside-in’ approach. Unlike most interventions that focus on assessing where things are now and how to move forward, STC looks first to the future and then works back from there; focusing on the ‘outside’ bigger system and connections, and then moving inwards.
The impact of STC far exceeds the scope of influence of traditional one-on-one or team coaching. Whereas one-on-one coaching impacts the individual and interpersonal spheres, and team coaching reaches the team and business/community spheres, STC takes it a step further by impacting connections outside the team and on a world level.
The STC sessions are structured as any combination of half-day sessions with the team, conducted ideally on a monthly basis. Prior to the actual coaching sessions with the team, there are a number of steps involving scoping, design and developing the agenda for the programme. Contact us for more information on our Systemic Team Coaching (STC) journeys.
5. Leader as Coach Training
More and more organisations are realising the value of their people, and that that there is a better and more empowering way of managing and leading self and others in the workplace. We assist organisations by offering journeys that equips their leaders to develop coaching skills that allow empowering and inspirational interactions with others.
6. ALE Coaching for Existing Leadership Coaches
This training considers the need for positive leadership effective. It introduces what authentic leadership (AL) entails, and how it relates to various forms of positive leadership. It highlights the positive impact individual and team authentic leadership effectiveness (ALE) typically has across various personal and organisational contexts. More specifically it explores the impact of AL on enhancing inter-relational trust, and individual and team leadership effectiveness. It explores the criteria that are important in the development of individual and team ALE, and how this can be developed by means of an individual and team coaching programme. Finally, participating coaches to experience the six steps of individual ALE coaching.
The accreditation training for coaching for individual authentic leadership effectiveness comprises 5 days, 4 consecutive days and the 5th day one month later. This training will consist of theory, demonstration, and practice, and during this experiential training, delegates will go through the actual ALE journey themselves as they experience giving and receiving ALE coaching.
Send us an email to learn more about our services
7. Presentation and participation in conferences and webinars
Dr Tineke Wulffers is a popular and engaging presenter at conferences and webinars. Her most recent topics included:
- Developing your organisation’s systemic True North. Remain relevant and future-fit in a post-Covid19 World!
- Can Authentic Leaders be Developed?
- How can Authentic Leaders in Females be Developed?
- Developing future Authentic Leaders in the academic environment
- Authentic Leadership (AL) Effectiveness for Individuals and Teams
8. Post-Graduate lecturing, supervising & examining
Academic background: Dr Tineke Wulffers is a post-graduate lecturer, supervisor and examiner at the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) and Wits Business School (WBS) in South Africa. Her unique value-add and passion fall in the area of sharing knowledge on the development of individual and team Authentic Leadership Effectiveness. In addition, she also lectures Doctoral students on the Qualitative Data analysis, using Atlas.ti, a Computer-Aided Qualitative Data Analysis Software (CAQDAS). Until now, she has usually lectured face-to-face, and with the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, she has learnt to lecture virtually, both synchronously and asynchronously.
There is immense value in being both a practitioner and researcher in the area of leadership development and especially in the area of Authentic Leadership, which is currently being focused on in response to the recent spate of reported unethical scandals in the organisational world. Tineke has been well-training on both post-graduate supervision and assessing, and provides these services to various business schools at both Masters and Doctoral levels. For more information on her academic qualifications, her publications and memberships in international coaching and leadership organisations, or to engage her services, please contact us below.